Determining usage of property

You may not use property for purposes other than that for which it is zoned
- these zonings generally being residential, commercial or industrial.

However, it is possible to apply for rezoning of residential property for business use or for zoning that will allow the erection of, for instance, a block of flats.

Rezoning applications (giving reasons) must be submitted to the local authority, with written confirmation from neighbours that they have no objections.