A Title Deed is documentary proof of ownership in terms of the Deeds Registries Act 47 of 1937. Each property has its own separate Title Deed. It is an important document containing all the details pertaining to a particular property. These details are:
- The name of the existing owner as well as the previous owners.
- A detailed property description which includes size.
- The purchase price of the property paid by the existing owner.
- Conditions applicable to the zoning, use and sale of the land.
- All real rights registered in respect of the property.